Shauwn Mkhize responds to reports that Royal AM players were not paid their salaries for three months.
The FC president released a statement expressing her disappointment in the false claim which has gone viral.
“As a responsible citizen, I ensure that all my employees, including my players, are paid their due compensations withing the stipulated time frame.”
“The premature and irresponsible reporting has misled the audience and it also shows a lack of credible and ethical journalism standards,” she added.
According to The Citizen, here is Mkhize’s statement in part:
I wish to clarify some of the damning allegations that were made:
1. Our match with AmaZulu FC was cancelled due to medical issues with @amazulu_fc the team were having which I am not at liberty to discuss further but feel free to contact them.
2. 8 players were not able to receive payment due to issues with their contracts needing to be finalised. The matter is ongoing and being sorted hence we have personally called the union President to come and assist.
3. Players that are sharing rooms is out of choice not because we forced them to. They are friends and they asked to be put in the same room.
4. We are not responsible for housing players and their families. They are professional players who earn salaries and are liaible for their housing arrangements. We provide accommodation in-season when the team is camping at the base.
5. I know journalists have some code “never reveal my source” my advise is to make sure that your “source” knows what they are talking about!!! Royal AM has a full team of people that are qualified to comment and verify on any queries you may have.
I really hope that journalists and media houses that wish to write about me, my family or my team will do a better job in ensuring that they publish facts and not heresay (sic).