- Dammy Krane & Davido – “Ladies” (Prod. By Scar Face)
- VIDEO + AUDIO | Phyno – “Fada Fada” ft. Olamide
- VIDEO + AUDIO | Tiwa Savage – “Standing Ovation” ft. Olamide
- VIDEO + AUDIO | DJ Jimmy Jatt – “Feeling The Beat” ft. Wizkid
- MUSIC | E.L – “Pour Put Inside” ft. Dex Kwasi & Sarkodie
- MUSIC | Kiss Daniel [@iamkissdaniel] – Good Time (Prod. by DJ Coublon)
- MUSIC | Iyanya (@iyanya) – Commotion (Prod. by TY Mix)
- MUSIC | JayLove ft Mr sparkz x Mr XpaKey – (UBI) KILL DEM ALL (prod. by @jaylovemicheal)
- VIDEO AUDIO | Seyi Shay – Right Now
- MUSIC | Lil Kesh – “Is It Because I Love You” ft. Patoranking (Prod. By Young John & Pheelz)
Ikorodu kidnap: Abducted 2-yr-old baby, pregnant woman regain freedom
- Updated: December 21, 2016
THE abducted two year old daughter of the presenter of a popular comedy show, Stand Up Nigeria, Aisha Ali-Balogun, killed by robbers on Friday in Ikorodu area of Lagos, has been released.
Also released was an unidentified pregnant woman said to be with the TV host when the daredevil robbers, operating around the Asolo-Majidun Road of the Ikorodu expressway, killed Aisha.
The gunmen, said to be over eight in number, reportedly fired sporadically and held motorists plying the route hostage and in the process, a bullet hit 28-year-old Aisha, killing her on the spot.
Her daughter and the unidentified pregnant woman were kidnapped.
As at Monday, the girl’s abductors were still demanding N10 million from the bereaved family.
Late Aisha Ali-Balogun
However, family sources disclosed that she was released Monday night.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Akinola, told Vanguard that no ransom was paid for her release.
He said: “She was released on compassionate ground last night (Monday night).
“She was dropped close to the house. Someone, who identified her, informed us. They initially demanded N10 million, but we appealed to them to release her since her mother died in the operation that led to her abduction.
“Even though we are happy over her release, we are at the same time still grieved by the death of our daughter, Aisha.“
A friend mourns
A friend of late Aisha, who gave her name as Monsurat Folupe, said she was yet to come to terms with her friend’s death, which she described as a rude shock.
She revealed that “my late friend was on her way to a friend’s place in Ikorodu when she met her sudden end.
“There were five occupants in the car: herself, her two children and a couple (pregnant relative and her husband).
“When the shooting was on, her pregnant relative’s husband managed to escape with Aisha’s son. But we heard that the woman was abducted. They released her and the little girl.
“At the moment, my late friend’s mother is shattered. She lost her husband not too long ago and now this. We are trying to console her. The girl’s release will in no small way soothe her pains.”
Effort to speak with Aisha’s widower was futile as relatives said he was not in the right frame of mind to speak with Vanguard.
When the spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, Dolapo Badmus, was contacted, she said no official report had been made on the girl’s release.
She said: “Unconfirmed information at my disposal revealed that the baby girl and her aunt have been freed. There was no official report to that effect, though.”